What are cookies?
A cookie is a file downloaded on to your computer when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website to store and recover information about the browsing habits of users or their equipment, among other things. Depending on the information they contain and the way you use your equipment, they can be used to recognise the user.
Types of cookies
– Depending on the organisation managing the domain from where the cookies are sent and processing the data obtained from them, two types can be distinguished: own cookies and third-party cookies.
– There is also a second classification depending on the period of time they remain stored in the client’s browser: they can be session cookies or persistent cookies.
– There is also another classification into five types of cookie depending on the purpose for which the data obtained is processes: technical cookies, customisation cookies, analysis cookies, advertising cookies and behavioural advertising cookies.
What types of cookies does this website use?
On this website, the Fundació puntCAT uses different types of cookies with the sole purpose of improving the user’s browsing of the website, without any kind of advertising or similar purpose. All cookies, except the ones used by Google Analytics, are temporary and disappear when you close your session. The cookies being used on this site and their types and functions are identified below:
– Analysis cookies: These are the ones which, when processed by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users to measure and statistically analyse the use of the service offered being made by users. To do this, your browsing of our website is analysed in order to improve the range of products and services we offer you. The Fundació puntCAT uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service developed by Google, making it possible to analyse and measure website browsing. You can find 4 cookies from this service on your browser. In accordance with the above typology, there are own, session and analysis cookies. You can find more information about this topic and disable the use of these cookies at https://www.google.es/intl/es/analytics/privacyoverview.html. No information about your personal data is obtained through web analytics. The information obtained relates to the number of users accessing the website, the number of pages seen, the frequency and repetition of visits, their duration, the browser used, the operator providing the service, the terminal used and the city to which their IP address is assigned. This information allows this website to provide a better, more appropriate service. If these cookies are disabled, the website can continue to work.
Acceptance of the cookies policy
The Fundació puntCAT shows information about its cookies policy at the bottom of any page every time a session begins. Having read this information, you can carry out the following actions:
- Accept cookies: If you accept by clicking on the button provided for the purpose, you will not see this notice again on this website.
- Carry on browsing: You can ignore the information and carry on browsing the website normally. In this case, the notice will be shown again the next time you enter the website until you click on the accept button.
- Change the configuration. You can obtain more information about what cookies are, find out about the Ministry’s cookies policy and change your browsing configuration. That will not prevent the cookies notice being displayed the next time you begin a session on the website.
How to change your cookies configuration
You can restrict, block or delete cookies using your browser. The operation is different for each browser. Here are the links so you can do it with some of the most popular browsers: